11. T: planted any trees---so far---1000 tress
S1: Have you planted any trees yet?
S2: No, we haven’t planted any trees yet.
S3: Yes, so far we’ve planted 1000 trees.
(1) seen an English film---up till now---five English films
(2) seen a lot of your new neighbour---recently
(3) got to know lots of people---since we came here
(4) been to the theater---so far---three times
(5) discussed the chapters---so far---seven chapters
12. T: water the garden
S1: Tell her to water the garden
S2: She’s already watered the garden
(1) iron the clothes
(2) sweep the floor
(3) walk the dog
(4) make a cake
(5) make the beds
(6) have her hair done
(7) get dressed
(8) turn down the radio
(9) turn on the air-conditioner
13. T: write a letter to him---last week
S1: Have you written him a letter?
S2: Yes, I have. I wrote him a letter last week
(1) buy a sport car---last month
(2) finish your research paper---the other day
(3) receive a birthday present---yesterday
(4) reserve a single room---yesterday
(5) visit your headmaster---last Sunday
(6) have your lunch--- an hour ago
14. T: go to New York---last year---two weeks
S1: When did you go to New York?
S2: I went to New York last year.
S1: How long were you there?
S2: I was there for two weeks.
(1) go abroad—in 1998---two years
(2) go to Chicago---last June---a month
(3) go to the southern part of China---last summer---four weeks
(4) go to the coast--- two years ago---seven days
(5) go to that remote village---last December---a year
(6) go to Chengdu---last winter---fifteen days
15. T: go abroad
S1: Is he going to go abroad?
S2: He’s already gone abroad!
(1) read the novel
(2) watch the film
(3) read the newspaper
(4) water the flowers
(5) wash the car
(6) turn off the lights
(7) turn on the TV
(8) shut the windows
(9) iron his clothes
(10) peel the onions